Dr. Chadwick Murphy
Interventional Spine and Rehab Specialist
Have any questions? Call us now!
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Membership in Professional Society
- St. Dominic’s Men’s Club – Active Member
- This club organizes fundraisers throughout the year to aid the school as well as local and foreign communities.
- Lake Area Business Alliance – Board Member
- Mission- To unify New Orleans lake area businesses to enhance their position and voice in the promotion of economic development and expansion of services to the lake area community.
- 2006-2007 Louisiana State University
Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Molecular biology; biochemical and genetic analysis of protein-DNA interactions in transcription initiation and DNA restriction
- 2015 LSU Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency – Case Report Author
- “Lymphedema Treated with Physical Therapy and Compression” : A severe case of lower extremity lymphedema and the physical and occupational therapy modalities used to decrease swelling and improve function
- 2016 LSU Pain Medicine Fellowship – Abstract Author (Presented at AAPM&R 2016 Annual Assembly)
- “Stimulation Across the Transverse Carpal Ligament in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome”
- 2019 SLVHCS VA Pain Medicine Section – Case report co-author (Presented at ASRA’s 2019 Annual Pain Medicine Meeting)
- “Congenital Anomaly Of Zygapophysial Joint As A Rare Cause Of Lower Back Pain”
Dr. Chadwick Murphy, MD
Interventional Spine & Rehab Specialist
August 2003 – May 2007
Louisiana State University
B.S. in Biology
July 2007 – May 2011
Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
July 2011 – June 2015
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
July 2015- June 2016
Pain Medicine Fellowship at Louisiana State University School of Medicine,
New Orleans, LA
Board Certification & License
- 2016 – Present Controlled Substance Oversight Committee at Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System
- This committee is responsible for establishing policies and procedures for identifying and managing Veterans at safety risk with regards to prescription medication. The goal is to create an alert for providers to notify them of aberrant behavior related to controlled substances, and to establish a safety system for the Veteran that is consistent with VA Core Values.
- 2016-Present Interdisciplinary Pain Committee at Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System – Member
- Due to the Opioid Epidemic, both Federal and State governments have formed new laws and guidelines to improve opioid safety and monitoring. This committee is responsible for implementing these new standards of practice into the at Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System.
- 2017-2020 VA Site Director for the LSU Pain Medicine Fellowship
- LSU Pain Medicine Fellows receive much of their training while rotating at the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System. Under my supervision, the fellows participate in interventional pain procedures, medical management, and multispecialty team-based treatments.
- 6/2020- Present Pain Medicine Section Chief
- Supervisor to pain medicine medical staff and trainees. I am responsible for managing clinical operations, liaising between administration and medical staff and ensuring that patients receive the highest standard of medical care.