LPN – Neuro Clinic
Our practice is a full-service provider of comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care. Our goal is to continue our mission in providing our patients with the highest level of care and compassion they deserve in a personalized setting.
We are looking for a compassionate LPN with an ability to remain calm under pressure to join our very busy neurology practices in Metairie. The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible, and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and a professional attitude in the workplace. The LPN will be responsible for monitoring patients, performing routine checks, and assisting doctors and nurse.
If you possess these qualities, please read on. Below is the job description:
This job provides direct care of assigned patients within the framework of the Licensed Practical Nurse Act under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Directs and assists ancillary nursing staff with assigned duties and interacts with the multidisciplinary team and other personnel. Demonstrates professional responsibilities and is responsible for own practice and assists other members of the healthcare team in providing the highest quality personalized patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care through data gathering, planning, patient triage and evaluation.
- Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all patients, guests, family members and co-workers to ensure a quality patient experience.
- Adapts to rapid change in a positive manner throughout the day as needs of the unit / department change.
- Manages personal professional development and maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Education: Required – High School diploma or equivalent
Certifications: Required – Current State of Louisiana licensure from an accredited School of Practical Nursing. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Preferred – IV Therapy Credentials
LA Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.