What is Workers’ Compensation?
Reasons A Claim Might Be Denied Or Delayed
There are many reason why a Workers’ Compensation Claim is denied or delayed. The most common reasons for these delays are the following:
1. The injury was not reported in a timely manner.
2. The employee did not seek medical treatment right away.
3. The employee had a pre-existing condition.
4. There is a discrepancy between the accident report and the initial medical records.
5. The initial medical records indicate the presence of illegal drugs.
6. The workers’ compensation claim was filed after the employee was fired, laid-off or quit.
7. The injury was not work-related.
8. The claimant is not classified as an employee.
9. The Workers’ Compensation insurer is still processing the claim.
10. Delays in receiving appropriate forms, medical reports, and other discovery information.
Did you know that an employee has the right to select one doctor of his or her choice in each specialty field for treatment of the job-related injury? The employer or its workers’ compensation insurer is required to pay all approved necessary expenses for medical treatment and all reasonably and necessarily incurred travel to obtain treatment.
Our clinics offer a variety of patient services including physical therapy, chiropractic treatment, personal injury, work reconditioning, laser therapy, orthopedic surgery, interventional pain management, neurology and neurosurgery. We have the best healthcare professionals and resources available which means our patients will save time on the approval process, receive faster referral and appointment times, and get the right treatments needed to get well. Your LA Health Solutions team will take care of the paperwork so you can concentrate on getting well.
Telephone: 844-496-LAHS (5247).