Progressive orthopedic practice focused on providing the community with specialty orthopedic care. Our practice is a full-service provider of comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care. Our goal is to continue our mission in providing our patients with the highest level of care and compassion they deserve in a personalized setting.
We are looking for a professional, service-oriented team player to join our very busy orthopedic practice in Metairie. As a full-time medical assistant, you will be the first point of contact and play an essential role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Candidates must be able to coordinate and track a variety of details to provide a seamless patient experience and must be bi-lingual in Spanish.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible, and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and a professional attitude in the workplace. Great attention to detail and clear communication with patients are essential.
If you possess these qualities, please read on. Below is the job description:
General Summary: A non-exempt position responsible for daily patient flow for the practice for whom they work. Must use triage skills to make appropriate patient health assessments and to anticipate physician’s needs as they relate to the patients’ medical care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for appropriate exams/procedures
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and other pertinent information as required by department. Records information in patient’s’ medical record.
- Performs medication review and reconciliation. Notes allergies as well as verifies medications patient is currently using. Medications patient has discontinued are recorded in visit notes.
- Assists in patient education by providing informational pamphlet and after care instructions, and/ or after visit summary as instructed by the Clinician or according to Company Policy.
- Gathers appropriate documents and signatures necessary to assist the Clinician in making treatment decisions.
- Receives and records lab/radiological test results (may include outside medical records) via telephone or computer and ensures that those results and related reports are with the patient’s medical record at the time of the patient’s visit.
- Relays Clinician instructions/orders to pharmacy (refills only without changes), patients, and other entities via computer, phone, fax, or mail.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked, and appropriately set up each day prior to rooming patients.
- Manages rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment. Spanish speaking and knowledge of E-Clinical Works a plus.
Certifications/Training: MA certification and FA/CPR preferred
Job Type: Full-time