Progressive chiropractic practice focused on providing the community with specialty chiropractic care. Our practice is a full-service provider of comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care. Our goal is to continue our mission in providing our patients with the highest level of care and compassion they deserve in a personalized setting.
We are looking for a professional, service-oriented team player to join our very busy chiropractic practice in Metairie. As a full-time front desk clerk, you will be the first point of contact and play an essential role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Candidates must be able to coordinate and track a variety of details to provide a seamless patient experience and must be bi-lingual in Spanish.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible, and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and a professional attitude in the workplace. Great attention to detail and clear communication with patients are essential.
If you possess these qualities, please read on. Below is the job description:
General Summary: A non-exempt, clerical position responsible for receiving incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and greeting/assisting patients and visitors in the same manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and visitors and assists them as appropriate. Phones or pages employees to meet visitors, directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas, and appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance to organization needs.
- Explains financial obligations to the patients or responsible parties and collects co-pays and balances as required.
- Preps physicians’ schedules/charts for eligibility days in advance.
- Communicates daily scheduling changes to clinical staff.
- Registers and updates patients’ personal information.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Position will be cross-trained with that of Medical Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment.
Job Type: Full-time