Chiropractic Therapy Tech – Metairie
Progressive orthopedic practice focused on providing the community with specialty chiropractic care. Our practice is a full-service provider of comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care. Our goal is to continue our mission in providing our patients with the highest level of care and compassion they deserve in a personalized setting.
We are looking for a professional, service-oriented team player to join our very busy chiropractic practice in Metairie. As a full-time chiropractic therapy tech, you will play an essential role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Candidates must be able to coordinate and track a variety of details to provide a seamless patient experience.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible, and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and a professional attitude in the workplace. Great attention to detail and clear communication with patients are essential.
If you possess these qualities, please read on. Below is the job description:
General Summary: A non-exempt, direct patient care position responsible for patient care management and executes administrative and clinical procedures. Competence in the field also requires adherence to ethical and legal standards of professional practice, recognition and response to emergencies, and demonstration of professional characteristics.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the doctors with various therapies and examinations
- Prepare treatment rooms for patients
- Control the flow of the office by directing patients to the appropriate areas of the clinic
- Instruct and supervise treatment protocols
- Administer therapies including cold laser, cervical and lumbar decompression, electrotherapy, ultrasound, rehab exercises, and hot/cold therapeutic instructions
- Communicate well with doctors, technicians, and office staff to provide pertinent patient information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment.
Job Type: Full-time